We train, equip and match local volunteers to a local young person in need of support around education, employment and training.
Tailoring the mentoring to each individual’s specific needs, our mentors offer one-to-one support in both practical skills and social-emotional development.
Practical support includes:
- Preparing CVs
- Developing interview skills
- Job searching and completing application forms
- Attending college open days and job fairs
- Introducing a young person to potential business contacts
Well-being and social support includes:
- Being a listening ear
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Helping overcome fears such as talking over the phone or using public transport
- Developing skills for the workplace such as time-keeping, conflict resolution and communication skills